Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good Reads

I have been wanting to read A Tale of Two Cities for a long time and I finally did it! I really loved this book. Even though I already knew the basic story, I was so caught up in the 'mystery' parts of the book and wanted to know how the characters stories all connected in the end. It was so heartbreaking to read of Sydney Carton, and so striking the difference between good and evil. I highly recommend it.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a book that I just heard of randomly when someone mentioned how much they liked it on facebook. I'm always on the lookout for a good book, so I put it on hold at the library and really knew nothing about it when I started reading. It is composed all of letters and notes which I wasn't too sure about at first and was a little bit confused about too--not knowing who the different characters were yet and who was writing to whom. But I loved this book! It tells about what life was like during the German occupation of the English Channel Islands during WWII. Although there are very sad parts, I thought it was very touching and had a sweet, happy ending. Once I got into this book, I didn't want to put it down, it was a very quick read.

1 comment:

  1. A Tale of Two Cities is such a great book! I read it in high school. I should read it again. I'll have to check out that other book too, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete