Monday, January 25, 2010

Breakfast Time



I found this recipe at The Homemaking Helper and it looks really good...but I'm not totally convinced, because I hate bread pudding or anything soggy...but I think I'm gonna have to give it a try at least once!

French Toast Casserole

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread
8 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups cream
Pinch salt
2 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
Slice and layer French bread in 9x13 pan. Mix all other ingredients in bowl. Pour between slices. Cover and put in fridge over night

Topping Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp corn syrup
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter (room temp)
1 c pecans or walnuts, chopped

Directions
Combine all ingredients. Take pan out of fridge and drop the topping on top of the French toast. Spread evenly. Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes in 350 oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment