Monday, January 25, 2010

Addicted



For my little munchkin's birthday I made a "happy birthday" banner...and well, it was so much fun I decided to do another one for Valentine's day...and while I was at the fabric store I found some great "harvest" fabric on sale for 60% off and so come November I get to do another one... :)
I was inspired by the banner here...sorry you have to scroll down to find it, a little more than half way. I was slightly appalled though, at the thought of cutting up actual music. I am also not a scrapbooker or paper crafter and so I didn't have any of the supplies needed for that one so I turned it into a fabric banner instead. I did find fabric that had a music pattern but then I saw the one pictured and liked it better.
I used this heart template for the big hearts and a 2" cookie cutter for the smaller hearts. Then for the letters, I enlarged the font Bookman Old Style to 320. Use wonder under or your favorite fabric adhesive and attach the letters to the hearts. Originally I was going to sew all the hearts with a 1/4" seam allowance, but then I decided it would be easier and probably look better if I just used wonder under again to fuse both sides of the hearts together and then edge-stitched each one, attaching to the... tie. I don't know what to call that, I'm too tired right now. :) I kind of like the frayed look and I'm not too worried about it fraying away since the wonder under is there, and it's not going to be washed or worn or anything stressful to the fabric. :) Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it! If I were to do it again, I would probably make the "tie" a different color from the hearts so they would stand out more, but I like it anyway. :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I think yours looks much more elegant than the one with sheet music.

    ReplyDelete