Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not Like I Imagined


I recently finished reading the "Percy Jackson" series by Rick Riordan. They were great, I really enjoyed reading them and had a hard time putting them down to be an good wife and mother...
So I read the 5 book series over the past month or two and was very surprised when last week while enjoying a free bowl of ice cream at Cold Stone, I glanced over at the movies playing at the dollar theater...and saw "Percy Jackson" listed as one of the movies there!
We went home, I looked it up online and watched the trailer...and sure enough it was the same Percy Jackson I had just finished reading about. 9:35 showing? No prob. We went. Just like that. Probably only because it was my birthday. :) It was my honey's first time in a movie theater...he did really well. He fell asleep half way through, and other than not liking how loud it was during a couple really loud monster parts...he didn't have any problems!
Anyway, the movie was fun...but nothing like the book. Books are always better. The worst part for me was how completely OFF all of the characters looked from how I had imagined them in my head. Every. Single. One. I didn't like how they changed the storyline either, but I guess it made the movie more interesting. Go read the book, and then if you want...watch the movie. :)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that movie yet, largely because I like the books a ton, and saw a promo poster with Percy and Annabeth and Grover and they all looked SO not like I imagined, and that's scared me out of seeing it so far. I just might check it out once it hits the library though =)

    ReplyDelete