Monday, May 24, 2010

Favorite Cookie

For the longest time, my husband's favorite cookies were Choc"oat"chip cookies. Then one day I wanted to try this recipe...and he told me that this was his new favorite! I think they are my favorite cookie too...so try them out and tell me what you think! This recipe is just from the back of a Hershey's butterscotch chip package. :)

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies


3/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. oats
1 package of butterscotch chips (either 11 or 12 oz works)

Heat oven to 375. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.
Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. About 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Really? It's been on the back of a package this whole time? Haha. Thanks for posting the recipe! I love these cookies and am so excited to finally have a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete