Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Reads





The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare

A friend of mine suggested that I read this book, I had never heard of it before and I didn't even know what it was about. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was about a young man living at the same time as Jesus Christ. I didn't want this book to end, and thought it was perfect that I read it over Easter weekend!



5 Children and It by E. Nesbit

This is another book I had never heard of before and was a lot of fun! Five children discover a sand fairy near their new home which grants them a wish each day. To find out what else happens though, you'll have to read it!



The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy

I had seen the musical of The Scarlet Pimpernel five years ago and enjoyed it and it was fun for me to read the book now. I didn't remember a lot of the things that happened in the musical, and thoroughly enjoyed the book so much more than I expected! I didn't want to put it down! It was filled with mystery, passion, disguise, suspense...oh it was just great! I would say more, but I don't want to give anything away if you don't know the story!

1 comment:

  1. I liked the Bronze Bow. Elizabeth George Speare is one of my favorite authors. While I liked Bronze Bow and Sign of the Beaver, I LOVE Calico Captive and The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I think Speare does a great job with her historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete