Thursday, March 25, 2010

Freshly Picked

Oh how I love flowers! I have been longing for the day when I can have a flower garden and then bring fresh flowers into my home all the time! I love this idea of having flowers as a party favor found from postcards and pretties.

there is something about farmer's market flowers wrapped in paper that make me want to run home and arrange them in my favorite vase. i love this idea for a casual outdoor wedding - offer your guest mini farmer market bouquet to take home as favors. display them in baskets or tin pails with a sign to remind guest's to take a bouquet home.

here's my little tutorial to create these cone-shaped bouquets.

{material}
kraft, butcher, newspaper, waxed tissue paper
water picks
fresh cut flowers
ribbon

{directions}
spread the paper out flat in front of you and position it so it is a straight square.

gather the flowers into a small bouquet with your hands. Cut the ends to the same length and insert into a water pick.

place the bundle of flowers onto the tissue paper in a diagonal position across the middle of the paper.

roll the paper with the flowers in it, starting at the flower’s corner. Roll the paper from the lower left corner to the upper right corner. This will create a cone-like wrap for the flowers.

tie a pretty ribbon around the cone bouquet to hold it together.

voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment