I should have posted this in the Snowflake post yesterday! Here is a giant snowflake. Or I wonder if you could possibly turn it into a star? Either way, it is so simple but looks amazing! I would like to make these. Here's the written instructions.
Giant Paper Snow Flake(Each snowflake measures 16" from tip to tip!)
• Six sheets of 6" scrapbooking paper
• Glue gun
1. Cut a 6" square of paper and fold it in half. Then fold in half again.
2. On the side that has the two folded edges, make marks 1/2" apart.
3. Cut starting at each mark, parallel to the hypotenuse (the long edge of the triangle.)
4. Open out your folds.
5. Take the innermost cut points and bring them around to meet each other so that you can glue the tips together. Use a low temperature hot glue gun and pencil to curl tips together. (The first one is the trickiest.)
6. Then, flip over to the other side and do the same thing with the next set of points.
7. Keep flipping and gluing your points together until you have done each point.
8. Want only one ornament? STOP here.
*Want a big snowflake? Make five more small ornaments. Attach them together in sets of three, then the sets of three to each other using hot gun to adhere the center points, and a little glue where they touch each other on the edges.