Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Noel

I love this simple sign, you can find the tutorial here.


The first year I sang in BYU Womens Chorus we had an AMAZING Christmas concert. We sang beautiful arrangements of well known Christmas songs and I loved every second of it. The only sad thing to me is that the songs we sang were not all recorded on the archival cds they give you at the end of the year. That year I fell in love with the song "The First Noel" when we sang an additional verse I had never heard before. I loved it so much I wrote the words in my personal hymn book...which unfortunately I lost. I found these words online but I really think the words we sang the third line was different.

Now let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our Heavenly Lord,
The which hath made Heaven and Earth of nought,
And by his blood Mankind hath bought

This version by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is equally as beautiful and moving and includes the verse I love. I love to sing this beautiful arrangement someday. Here is my gift to you: I hope you find some time to listen to this beautiful music!

No comments:

Post a Comment