Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Galore

I came across this post from Simply Modern Mom today and LOVE all of her Christmas decor ideas! It definitely is an inspiration to me--I wish I had a staircase in my house like she does!

I have found some other great ideas I would love to try sometime in my Christmas decorating, I guess this post is a showcase of those!

First these simple candycanes look so easy and inexpensive to make! You could make a garland of them or hang them from a garland...all sorts of things! Find instructions in this post.


I love this jingle bell wreath! It is tiny--like ornament size, or gift tag size...or maybe you could group more than one together and hang then from your door so when it opens and closes it makes that lovely jingle bell sound...again lots of possibilities! Find the instructions here.

I love this paper star wreath! But I think even more I would love to make the cute little stars and hang them from the garland over our doorway so it would look something like this:

I love these little stars! One year my roommates and I made tons and tons of snowflakes and taped them all over our ceiling. We loved it! So I might even hang a few from the ceiling to make our big empty room look more festive. Find the instructions for these here.
I think these snowflakes just look like a fun kids craft! Find the instructions for these here.


Finally...to get you even more in the Christmas spirit is this recipe for these Thick and Chewy Gingerbread cookies that looks really good to me! I can't wait to try it and have that wonderful gingerbread smell in our house...
*update, I tried this recipe and thought it was gross. So I changed the picture and suggest you try this recipe instead! It might be the ones I made last year that were amazing--I can't remember which recipe I used!

What are some of your favorite holiday decor ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment