Maybe it's just the right time of year...but lately I am so enamored with pies. Mostly my experience with making pies involves using pre-made pie dough and pie filling bought at the grocery store. We used to live in a small apartment complex where one of the girls there would make pies and give slices of pie to people in the apartment. They were always so delicious and ever since then I have really wanted to start making pies, really making pies. Where everything is from scratch.
So I have this huge long list of pies I want to make, and here is one more that looks delicious! Although this one looks too easy to count towards my goal of making pies from scratch.
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies, chopped, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Fold in 3/4 cup candies. Spoon into crust.
- In another bowl, combine extract and remaining whipped topping; add food coloring if desired. Spread over pudding layer; sprinkle with remaining candies. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.