I think this cake looks so beautiful and refreshing. I spotted this recipe via Simply Modern Mom.
I'm not so sure about the oil though...but I would still try it!
Olive Oil Cake with Blueberry
- 4 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil, divided
- 2 containers (6 oz. ea.) fresh blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 13- x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Beat eggs with 1-1/4 cups sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until eggs are pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Slowly beat in milk. Slowly add flour blended with baking powder and mix just until blended. Add 1 cup extra light tasting olive oil and beat just until blended. Turn into prepared pan.
3. Bake in center of oven 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, for blueberry sauce, combine blueberries, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until blueberries start to burst. Remove from heat; stir in lemon peel. Let cool to room temperature. Serve blueberry sauce with cake.